Sunday 1 October 2017

October Challenge : I Can See Clearly Now


Hello Krafters. 
How fast is this year going??
Way too fast for my liking!
It only seems like yesterday that I pulled the Christmas tree down and here we are already saying hello to October. 
We had so many Bee-Rilliant entries for the September challenge!
Thank you to everyone who played along.. winners will be announced soon :) 

But now we come to the October challenge reveal..
Ready? 

I Can See Clearly Now
Use something see-through on your layout.
Think vellum, plastic, glass, bubble wrap etc etc.



Criteria : KRAFT + Something See-Through 

We welcome all kinds of craft as entries for our challenges, from traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journalling and tags etc. but please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!Your work MUST be on a KRAFT BACKGROUND (not merely mounted on Kraft) to be eligible.

**Please take the time to read the RULES before submitting your entry**
and upload your entry via the inlinkz section in our side bar.

(Due date: Midnight October  31st ) 

Kraft Plus Design Team 


The K+ Girls have really come up with some fabulous creations this month.. and some many wonderful ideas to inspire you to "think clearly" 


"A simple cellophane bag makes for a quick and easy shaker box.
A simple but fun and effective layout of me and my crazy sisters at a scrapbooking retreat."


"My take on Clear, includes Vellum to create the glass, and some clear flowers are in the mix."



I made some gift tags for this challenge. My clear elements are Hambly Transparencies, Vellum which I embossed through my cuttlebug and some Heidi Swapp clear embellishments -butterfly, words, arrow & hearts.


"As you can see from the close photo I have adhered a 'pane of glass' [piece of heavy acetate] to the backside of my  layout so that the cut out in my layout resembles a window"




"My layout for the October 'see through' challenge includes alcohol inks and acetate fussy cut flowers and acetate filmstrip" 


"I used an acetate square, diecut and word. I also used old Heidi Swapp Ghost letters."


"For my take on this month's challenge I reached for a Hambly Screen Print for my see through element. Remember them? Yep I am still hoarding a bit of a stash of them and use them very sparingly as I have done here. If you look closely you can see my see through elements peeking out from the top of my photo/patterned paper layers as well as underneath the photo layers and at the very bottom of my page.



"The see through elements I used are the Gold and clear Vellum, the Heidi Swapp Ghost letters which I coloured with Alcohol Inks and the Tim Holtz film strip."


"I have used a piece of Hambly overlay and some Crate alphas"


"Hi.. I am probably showing my scrap age with using these old Prima flower backing for my see through elements... hehe.."



"I've recycled some acetate stamp packaging & jazzed up with some alcohol inks"


"I used lots of clear, epoxy dome stickers on an art journal page. May be a little hard to see, but they are covering most of the large circle images"





My clear elements were some very old arrows & bracket. I also used packaging which I added bubbles to, unfortunately it has bubbled in the heat while sitting on my desk! Downfall of having my scrap area in the sunroom "




"using a large tree transparency, frame and title for my clear elements"




"I stamped on transparency the fussy cut it. Also used see through stickers from 13arts and stuck it onto Kraft and cut to size and fussy the butterfly."








K+ Guest Designers 

Each month we invite a KRAFT PLUS member to play along with us and our challenges. 
This month we are very excited to have THREE  very talented designers
join us for the October "I Can See Clearly Now"  Challenge. 


We are Super Excited to have
GINA RODGERS
joining us again as a special K+ designer for the month of October
We missed you and your designs Gina xx 




"see through element is a transparency sheet from Websters pages, I've done the journaling underneath and also used a transparency as a frame around the photo"




Alison 'Alz'  Callcott 




"I knew exactly which photo I wanted to scrap ...this one of my niece floating in clear, clear water at the beach. I also knew I wanted to incorporate lots of clear elements on my page, so I've used clear embossing powder, glass cabochons, glossy accents (on my feathers) , a clear transparency quote overlaid on my photo and finally some old grid transparency I had in the depths of my stash . "


Carolyn Haswell




"The diagonal strips across the bottom right corner are vellum, with inked edges and some distress crayon accents, and the flowers are vellum also."




International Guest Designer


We are excited to announce 

Marie Johannson 

as our

International Guest Designer

for October 






"I added a couple of different see through elements to my layout. I used vellum for the leaves, they are see through in a little less obvious way, tricky to catch with the camera.
Then I found some clear die cuts with white patterns in my stash.
And I used pebbles on top of them to create dimension.
The title was rubbed on to a piece of plastic that I cut from a light bulb box "
 





Our Sponsors and Prizes 


Kraft Plus Challenges would like to extend our thanks to  our wonderful sponsors 
for their generosity and support for our October Challenge 
Each month we will have a Guest Designer 
from each of our sponsors to play along with our challenges.
Which means even MORE wonderful creations to inspire us all.


*Please note:  Unfortunately, due to high postage costs, prizes are for Australian residents only, but a Guest Design Spot will be offered to an international  entrant each month, to be chosen by the K+ Design Team  


CREATIVE KIT CLUB




Creative Kit Club are offering the November Card Making Kit to one lucky winner
(winner to be chosen by K+ DT)



Kasia Leach 











" I have  used the translucent glassine paper and muslin as my see-through elements on the layout to add a bit of texture yet keeping the layers soft" 


SCRAP FX





Scrap FX are kindly offering a fantastic prize consisting of:

(Winner to be chosen by K+ Design Team



Heike Augenblick 




Hello, my name is Heike from Heike'sAugenBlick. I am a designer for Scrap FX Australia. My inspiration layout for you: is a minimalist page, with the focus point (cutting photo). I cut clear paper in leaf and flower shape. A little bit turquoise, black and white color. Stamp work on the bottom. And of course the beautiful chipboards from Scrap FX. Good luck everyone with the October challenge. Have a nice day xoxo Heike



CHARMS CREATIONS



Charms Creations are offering a store voucher to the value of $25
(winner to be chosen by DT) 


Chloe Nielsen 



Chloe's Blog 


"For my see through elements acetate shapes (rectangle and arrows ) 
and some vellum. You can also 'see through' the super star to the layering underneath"



SCRAPMATRIX

ScrapMatrix is offering FOUR Stencils and FOUR sticker sheets created by 
Marta Lapkowska (Maremi's Small Art) for 13 Arts. 



Monique Crisp 


Monique's Blog 



"The clear element I used was the glass bottle which I filled with shells.
I was also inspired by the layers in the challenge picture as well,  so I layered the tags etc."  



 
SCRAPPY CHAT DESIGNS



Scrappy Chat Designs will be offering on of their amazing kits to one lucky winner
(winner chosen by DT )






FLUTTERBY DESIGNS



Flutterby Designs are offering a $20 Store Voucher
For one lucky RANDOM DRAW winner!
(winner chosen randomly)

Skai Mitchell
 




And there you have it!
The October "I Can See Clearly Now" Challenge!
Time to go through your craft stash and see what see through elements you have tucked away.
We can't wait to see what you come up with.

Happy Krafting! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much to all the sponsors and all the awesome guest designers this month, your creations are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips